Getting a tattoo, is a major decision to have. Making the right choice of which tattoo you want, and then where you want it. It can be a decision that could effect you the rest of your life. But whether it’s that dragon that is on your back, or that butterfly on your ankle, your process of having a tattoo doesn’t stop there. There are some essentials that you must do in order to make sure that you are able to display the best possible look of your new tattoo. Remember, that tattoo artists can only do the tat, the after care is your part. So make yourself look good and the artist who created your new tattoo look good, by following a few simple steps to make sure you get the best possible display.
Universal Tips for After Care
- Make sure to leave your new bandage over your tattoo for a minimum of four hours. Even though you will be tempted to show your tattoo, please make sure to wait four hours before removing the bandage.
- Sanitizing your hands is extremely important prior to removing the bandage. Be sure to use soap and warm water to clean your hands. Do not touch your tattoo or rub it. Only pat to dry. Allow it to air dry if you must.
- If you want, you can use A&D solution over your tattoo. Don’t rub, make sure you pat the ointment onto your skin.
- Put on as much A&D ointment as you need throughout the day.
- After scabbing has subsided, use lotion to keep your skin smooth and soft.
- Absolutely no swimming until your tattoo is healed!
- If you’re going to be in the sun, use SPF 50 or higher over your tattoo.
By following these few simple procedures, you are sure to get great results from your new art work. And you should get only the best, because it is you. And you are important, and that is another reason to venture to Mass Tattoos if you are looking for some new tattoo art work to be done.